Similar Available Positions
Public Accounting Positions
Industry Accounting Positions
Let Us Find Your Perfect Fit
We have a position available for a tax manager in Cincinnati, OH.
Contact us to learn more or apply for this tax manager position below.
About the Firm:
We are a small, family-owned firm, with a selective client base that we provide exceptional service. We’ve been in business for over 50 years and we put our expertise to work for our clients. Our firm services privately held businesses with tax preparation and planning, accounting, consulting, business valuations, audit and compliance, and payroll. Non-profits organizations are an area of passion for us and we provide them with resources for accounting, compliance, and tax.
Our staff is composed of young people as well as tenured experienced professionals. Happy hours, company events, and a casual working atmosphere are a few of the attributes. Our philosophy is to allow our staff to build their own culture, that way everyone is included and people experience their preferred environment. We have found that centering our culture around our people has led to client satisfaction, flexibility, and worker ownership.
A few of the fringe benefits include Season tickets to the Reds, company events sponsored by the owner, flexible work schedule and remote work availability, client control, minimal oversight from owners, and relaxed atmosphere.
About the Role:
- Supervise, delegate, motivate, and train tax staff and review their work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including client meetings and interaction.
- Proficient knowledge of federal and state tax law related to individuals, businesses, estates, and trusts.
- Proficiency in trial balance adjustments, accrual to cash conversions, and tax journal entries.
- Ability to supervise multiple engagements at a time.
- Ability to build long-lasting client relationships based on trust and respect.
- Ability to establish rapport with prospective clients and referral sources.
- Experience working in a team environment and collaborating with team members, both with shareholders and supervised staff.
Technical and Personal Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public practice.
- CPA License Required.
- Experience with CCH and Prosystems FX preferred but not required.
- Experience motivating and managing a team to complete engagements