Similar Available Positions
Public Accounting Positions
Industry Accounting Positions
Let Us Find Your Perfect Fit
Corporate Accounting Manager
We have a position available for a corporate accounting manager in Cincinnati, OH.
Contact us to learn more or apply for this corporate accountant position below.
About the Company:
Our brands touch millions of people every day where they live, learn, work, and play. We have been in business for over 100 years. Over the decades, the company has grown, often by acquiring brands built by entrepreneurs, that we are privileged to bring to consumers around the world. Our recent acquisitions and mergers have marked the next chapter of our proud history, creating a new company with an improved offering. With top talent, market-leading brands, and a sharp focus on innovation, we are well-positioned to become a transformative consumer goods company.
About the Role:
The Accounting Manager provides assistance with all internal and external financial statements, tax and internal audit requests for the consolidated group. The incumbent for this role will oversee the internal audit, compliance, and controls associated with all SOX requirements, play an integral role in financial data integrations, and serve as the primary contact for the Director of Accounting for all things related to accounting compliance.
- Responsible for conducting and ensuring accurate completion of all corporate accounting activities.
- Analyze financial results including comparisons to budgets/prior periods, investigating variances, and recommending corrective actions.
- Lead the implementation of SOX initiatives ensuring compliance at all sites.
- Prepare ad hoc financial analyses.
- Use initiative to drive process improvements, maintain/review corporate policies/procedures manual and ensure consistent implementation across sites.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual financial consolidation package and MD&A.
- Review subsidiary monthly/quarterly/annual financial consolidation package and MD&A.
- Prepare all monthly/quarterly reporting for the public parent company.
- Assist Director of Accounting in a review of all significant contracts for technical accounting and tax implications.
- Assist in the integration of acquisitions, including ERP system integration/upgrade and financial statement consolidation.
- Assist in tax and internal audit requests from the Parent Company.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations for all sites on a quarterly basis and present recommendations for improvement to the Director of Accounting and CFO.
- Assist with year-end financial statement audit and annual compliance audits.
- SOX – This person will be responsible for rolling out SOX training for 9 locations. 1-year project.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Accounting and/or Finance required
- Experience in Sarbanes – Oxley (SOX) audits required
- Strong knowledge of GAAP required
- Minimum of intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required
- Demonstrated experience with Process Improvement required
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies:
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Experience with the IFS ERP system a plus
- HFM experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal, presentation skills a plus
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and conscientious
- Proactive in analyzing issues and solving problems
- Positive, proactive work ethic and approach