Similar Available Positions
Public Accounting Positions
Industry Accounting Positions
Let Us Find Your Perfect Fit
We have a position available for a controller in Cincinnati, OH.
Contact us to learn more or apply for this controller position below.
About the Company:
We are a local company that has been in business for over twenty years! Our product is versatile and therefore our market has been booming.
With our mission to deliver impressive results, we have formed multiple entities to provide products to our target customers in a tailored fashion. In addition to our quality products, we strive to be a great company for our employees. We are family-owned and operated and pride ourselves on the family atmosphere and fun-but-serious products.
Our employees are our number one asset, and our company is dedicated to providing a healthy work culture centered on family values. In fact, we’ve been selected as a Top Place to Work for ten years in a row.
About the Role:
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist in the planning, organization, and control of the accounting function of the company.
This position provides support to the Director of Finance & Accounting, as well as other positions (i.e. CFO, Director Finance & Taxation, Finance Manager, etc.) as necessary. This position will also provide accounting or other support to others as necessary or as directed.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations. Researches and corrects account discrepancies.
- Oversees and balances intercompany general ledger accounts.
- Manage fixed asset database/accounting software. Ensure assets are set up properly for book and tax incorrect classification and years of service.
- Support accounting efforts for International offices and branches.
- Assists the Director of Finance & Accounting with the development and updating of financial policies and procedures. Maintains financial security by following internal controls and verifying documentation.
- Prepares sales/use tax returns or other tax filings as required by the local jurisdiction.
- Supports or prepares directly: schedules, or analysis required to support periodic income tax filings.
- Prepares schedules requested for year-end financial statement audit, 401(k) plan, and annual tax review. Develops and updates schedules during the year to ease the year-end burden.
- Ensures employee expense reports are properly coded, supported, approved, and adhere to IRS regulations.
- Through a sound and current knowledge of GAAP, advises the application of such to financial transactions and statements.
- Assists with special projects as required.
Experience and Skills:
- B.S. degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 2-4 years minimum public accounting or corporate accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of automated accounting systems, with MS Great Plains preferred.
- Excellent technical skills (GAAP, GAAS, and cost accounting).
- Extensive experience utilizing the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Sound administrative skills. Well-developed management skills – principles and personnel.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Superior numeric skills.
- Well organized.
- A participative management style that advocates the team concept.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive; able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Satisfactory communication skills, written and verbal.
- Have fun, be passionate, and show it!
- Act with integrity and respect in all relationships.
- Communicate openly & appreciate the effort of others.
- Embrace knowledge, growth, and change.
- Strive for excellence in what we do every day!