Similar Available Positions
Public Accounting Positions
Industry Accounting Positions
Let Us Find Your Perfect Fit
Controller – Not for Profit Organization
We have a position available for a controller in at a non-profit organization in Cincinnati, OH.
Contact us to learn more or apply for this non-profit controller position below.
About the Organization:
An exciting and growing local not for profit organization is seeking a Controller with a passion for managing professionals and overseeing the Accounting functions. This person will work directly with the CFO. The CFO possesses a ton of energy and ideas for moving the organization forward. The Controller’s primary functions will be rolling out a robust software system, scheduling projects, managing the staff, and implementing new initiatives. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is seeking an environment to grow and build processes within.
About the Role:
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist in the planning, organization, and control of the accounting function of the company.
This position provides support to the Director of Finance & Accounting, as well as other positions (i.e. CFO, Director Finance & Taxation, Finance Manager, etc.) as necessary. This position will also provide accounting or other support to others as necessary or as directed.
- Oversee the Accounting activities for the accurate and timely issuance of monthly financial reports.
- Responsible for month-end close activities and financial and account analysis including reviewing and/or preparing reconciliations of account balances.
- Supervise the work and manage Accounting staff and their related responsibilities.
- Ensures properly reporting of consolidation activity.
- Prepare reports as directed by the CFO with accuracy and timeliness.
- Establish and maintain the accounting software including controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Responsible for the coordination of work for the preparation and completion of the annual financial audit.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and committees.
- Helps to maintain compliance with the IRS, GAAP, and CARF Standards via financial policies.
- Assist in implementing necessary processes and procedure improvements as directed by the CFO.
Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of accounting software and other financial applications.
- Advanced Excel skills to include the creation of pivot tables, VLookup, and dashboards.
- Ability to analyze data and document and explain variances.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Supervises staff to be efficient and independent workers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to work well with all levels of colleagues.
- Adheres to strict deadlines & upholds high quality of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA certification preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a GAAP environment with an annual audit.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Strong analytic skills.