Similar Available Positions
Public Accounting Positions
Industry Accounting Positions
Let Us Find Your Perfect Fit
We have a position available for a financial analyst in Cincinnati, OH.
Contact us to learn more or apply for this financial analyst position below.
About the Company:
A scientifically-driven, global, full-service clinical contract research organization providing clinical development services to the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and medical device industries.
Our mission is to accelerate the global development of safe and effective medical therapeutics through its high-science and disciplined operating approach. We leverage local regulatory and deep therapeutic expertise across all major areas including oncology, cardiology, metabolic disease, endocrinology, central nervous system, anti-viral, and anti-infective.
A few things we are proud of are our history of being named a Top Cincinnati Workplace; ranking amongst top CROs for site ratings across all 10 important attributes including CRA training, preparation & organization, accessibility of staff, open communication, and ensuring timely drug availability; and continually being recognized with CRO Leadership Awards for expertise, quality, capabilities, reliability, and compatibility.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced finance or accounting professionals to join the Account Management department. This individual will partner with clients and internal staff to develop project financial budgets and new business proposals. Account analyst will work directly with clients to partner in strategic budget development to meet their needs.
If you are ready to make a difference, you must be able to accomplish these tasks:
- Development of fee estimates for requests for proposals (RFPs), budget revisions, and contract amendments;
- Provides financial input for the response to requests for information (RFIs), and ensures coordination of all information with other relevant personnel as required;
- Understand existing customer or potential customer’s business, pipeline, and opportunities in order to approach the customer with confidence and knowledge;
- Responsible for assuring that bid meets customer’s expectations and specific requirements;
- Have a thorough knowledge of the bid process;
- Review proposal text assumptions to ensure the fee estimate and proposal text assumptions are consistent;
- Communicates with customers regarding ongoing projects to ensure customer’s expectations are being met;
- Maintain and track ongoing performance of the project against budget and notify internal and external clients when potential issues or changes are noted;
- Review invoices and other financial reports prior to Sponsors receipt;
- Build relationships within the customer’s organization in order to generate new business opportunities and to develop a partnership atmosphere;
- Generate and initiate processing of new contracts and monitor/report on changes in scope, milestone invoicing, and/or contract modification to all ongoing contracts in coordination with other employees;
- Maintain and modify company bid preparation template and boilerplate text to meet changing client needs or specific requirements;
- May be responsible for other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business;
- 4+ years of experience in the conduct of clinical research and/or contract management/pricing;
- Strong working knowledge of financial and accounting processes;
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and a working knowledge of drug development services desired;
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills; and
- Excellent computer skills, especially strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.